Friday, October 23, 2009

It's Never to Late

I wrote in “The Conductor” (in the September blog) - “I have a great advantage in my life; I can recognize God’s voice. It was strange at first because I wasn’t sure what I was hearing, but it was God’s voice all along. I just didn’t know how to recognize it. I do now… and it’s like falling in love with your best friend after 10 years of dating unqualified candidates. Finally, one day you wake up, knowing… without a single doubt in your mind, “this is the one for me” and you don’t want to go another day to past without this person beside you. Then reflecting back on those 10 years of my life acknowledging that they were there the whole time; supporting and loving me for who I was, not trying to change me, only wanting the best for me. I was just too blind to see it, or should I say, distracted by all the birds.”

When I first wrote this I was showing how God was there all along, loving me with all my mess and how God orchestrated events in my life for my favor. I wanted to bring this up again for someone, who is battling between living there life for Christ or living for the world.

If you don’t mind I’m going to share with you for a minute, it was so easy to stay in the world because I felt safe. It was familiar and change is uncomfortable, it’s mentally and physically stressful. I was used to operating a certain way for more then half of my life and all of sudden I was push to change. So I pushed back and ran as fast as I could away from my calling, that caused tension. Honestly, it hurt trying to live right, I was used to “doing me” I didn’t want to change. But the wonderful thing about God was, through it all, he keep loving me, protecting me, he saw me cry at night and would hug me. He didn’t allow me to kill myself or get to far away into the darkness that I loss my mind or forget who I was. Slowing, but surely he begin to work on me; pulling people out of my life and pulling at my heart, getting me closer to home, awe I love you Jesus.

No matter where you are today, what you did yesterday; it’s never too late to come home. God never left you; you just walked away from him. Unlike our friends and family who may bring up your past, and make you feel like you have to prove yourself to be “worthy” of their friendship. There is absolutely nothing you can do to make God stop loving you. He wants nothing but the best for you, but He can’t do it without your help. Don’t allow FEAR to cause you to stay away from home, to stay in what’s familiar, to stay away from the truth, and stay away from what God has for you.


Isaiah 54:4

4Fear not, for you shall not be ashamed; neither be confounded and depressed, for you shall not be put to shame. For you shall forget the shame of your youth, and you shall not [seriously] remember the reproach of your widowhood any more.

1 comment:

  1. My grandparents would tell me that Jesus will pick you up , even if he has to reach way down. Which let me know that I can never sink too low that I am out of his lifting hand, I can never go out too far, that I cannot be reached by his outstretched hands. It's never too late. I am so thankful for this Word, it reminds me that God is in control!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete