Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Trust You

We discussed in “All Around me” that there is an enemy working to destroy you. Remember that point. Now if God operates by faith, and I want to stop God from moving in your life, what do I have to do to get rid of your faith? I have to cause fear, and doubt to enter your mind; which will do what? Cause you not to have faith in your current situation. Therefore, God can’t move, simple. That’s what Satan does daily.

Understanding this fact, the ACT of breaking down your FAITH, which is your CONFIDENCE, was life changing for me. What I’m about to say may shock you, but think about it before you jump. Faith can sometimes fail you. Yes I said it. I didn’t say God can fail you. God is love that can never fail. I said Faith can fail you, this is how God moves.

Listen, faith is the confidence of the unseen. Faith says God can do all things, God can heal my mother, and God can supply the money for this bill. God can renew my marriage. You have confidence in God making it happen, Right? Okay, what if, your mother didn’t get healed, what if you didn’t get the money for that bill. What if your spouse left you with two kids? Is it possible, that your confidence can decrease over time, because of the events happening around? Okay, I know you’re perfect, but I don’t’ have a problem being transparent. I know for a fact, there were times in my life, where my confidence (faith) started to decrease, almost to the point of depression.

Jesus said to Peter, in Luke 22:32, “….But I pray especially for you, that your faith may not fail…” why did Jesus say that, because he knew that Peter could loss his confidence (faith). Sure enough, three times Peter denies that he knew Jesus. At the time, when Jesus is telling him what will happen, Peter refused to believe that he would ever do such a thing, but he did. Read it for yourself Luke chapter 22.

Let me tell you what gets you through the pain, the tears, the times of lack, TRUST. Trust is a commitment. It’s not based on what you DO. It says I am committed no matter what happens. I trust you, when I can’t see the good out of this situation, when I can’t see my future being greater then my present. I trust that God is causing GREAT things to happen on my behalf. I will not be moved.

Oh YES, I will not move! Even if my mother isn’t healed, I trust you Lord! Even if I’m still without a job, I trust you God! Even if the money didn’t come in on time, I trust you! Even if they left me with nothing, guess what…I trust you Jesus.

Now we know that, faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1) When your faith is low, and you can’t see a way out, just say, “I trust you.” And know that he is GOD, and when you can’t trust in what tomorrow holds, trust in something GREATER then tomorrow….GOD.

2 comments:

  1. Well said and Great points to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What confirmation !!! I was just thinking about surrounding the Womens Choir theme around trust for the 5th Sunday this month!!!! Wow, thanks for being an instrument!!! You know God is so awesome that the writer of Hebrews reminds us that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. We get a reward for simply seeking after him. It is a daily blessing to read how God unveils himself and reveals himself through your words, keep lifting Him and us higher...

    ReplyDelete