Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Growings Pains

Have you ever prayed for God to move something or someone out of your life? I know I have, in fact I notice the closer I get to God the more circumstances around me get more intense. What’s that about? This morning a light bulb came on; that during those moments of tension are actually times of development.

God is more interested in changing you, than the circumstances around you. If you pray for a stronger love walk, then your going to encounter situations to test your love walk. How else are you going to develop and grow in that area of your life, than to experience it?

I started to call it, a life course. In order to get a passing grade, I must measure it by the way I react to the circumstances around me, this will determine my success.

I realize that in order for me to become successful in any area in my life I have to able to endure the times of development. So instead of praying for God to remove me from the fire, I ask for Him to give me strength to endure these trials of development, so that I can overcome these challenges and use it as a testimony. I pray to comprehend where I am at spiritually during those times of emotional challenges and give thanks for God preparing me for the next level.

I know that my own development is greater than the gift. The promises are going to come; the concern is being able to keep the gift once it comes. If you can’t manage $100.00 you can’t manage $100,000.00.

I have to be open to acknowledge the areas in my life that need improvement. So when God starts to develop and grow me in those areas I don’t run from the pain, instead I learn to embrace the growing pains and look forward to the results. By faith, I know that God will never leave me, He is faithful and by the love of Christ that lives in me and surpasses all knowledge and understanding, I know I will survive and pass every life course that I encounter.

Ephesians 3:16-21
16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. In the midst of experiencing our "growing pains" we must rely on God to do what we cannot do, and trust him with every facet of our being. Thanks for reminding me!!!!

    ReplyDelete