God operates by faith, the devil operates by fear. Sometimes, it may be hard to understand the difference between being wise and being in fear. This was a challenge for me. I had to get serious and look at myself. I turned to the word of God.
James 4:2-3
1-2Where do you think all these appalling wars and quarrels come from? Do you think they just happen? Think again. They come about because you want your own way, and fight for it deep inside yourselves. You lust for what you don't have and are willing to kill to get it. You want what isn't yours and will risk violence to get your hands on it.
2-3You wouldn't think of just asking God for it, would you? And why not? Because you know you'd be asking for what you have no right to. You're spoiled children, each wanting your own way.
I wanted my way, and I would pray out of fear of not getting it, or living without it. I had to turn my prayers into FAITH prayers, by taking myself out of it. Whatever God has in store for me will be, and I'm ready to receive it. I had to use common sense, God does not want me to lack in any area, (Philippians 4:19) so why am I tripin’? FEAR that’s why, not trusting God to provide all my needs, thinking that I’m missing out on something; the only thing that I was missing out on.... was TRUST. If I can’t trust God, I can’t have the faith to see everything come to pass.
If a close friend came to you and requested that you do them a favor, and you were so excited that they thought enough of you to allow you to help them out. But as you were getting everything together and working on their behalf; you notice that they were working on the same thing they asked you for help with. How would that make you feel? Maybe you would think that they don’t trust you? Maybe you would just stop everything all together and let them do it, considering their doing it anyway. Stop trying to figure out stuff that you have turned over to God. Let God be God. Why would you ask for help and not let Him help you? Maybe because you’re afraid that it won’t happen on your time or your way?
Get FEAR out of your prayer life. And watch God work. As Christians we pray by FAITH not by FEAR.

I really enjoyed your words. I'm dealing with the same thing right now as we speak. I wanna get to know God better for me and my children. I want to be able to have a testimony. I want my children to get to know God.
ReplyDeleteThank you
And howmuch did I need to hear that. I know that the enemy has a plan to thwart my purpose, but I know that I was predestined for greatneess. I know that God is the Potter, I merely clay.... Thanks for the Word!!!!
ReplyDeleteAmanda- This is good. Stupid question though... If you have been praying out of Fear..for instance not getting this school thing right... How should I pray? Do I just pray and trust God that he will be there for me and not worry?
ReplyDeleteTiff
@ Tiff- Great question and I think you just answered your own question. As believers we pray by faith, as discussed in "I Trust You", FAITH is confidence, and sometimes, your confidence (FAITH) will fail you. The word TRUST means a commitment, once you’ve committed to something it’s a form of covenant—you have to trust that God’s word will never fail you, by his covenant, if you trust in Him and not in your own thinking, you can't fear. Be Blessed
ReplyDelete