Matthew 7:8
For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
God is always talking. We just can’t always hear, due to static.
Yes static, for a moment think of the communication between you and God as a radio wave. If something or someone interferes with the feed between the two waves it will cause static. Therefore the message will continue to go forth, but you would have miss part of the message due to the static.
Okay, so what can cause static; unforgiveness, bitterness, pride, lust, a lying tongue, and list can go on and on. I think you know where I’m going with this, if you have sin in your life it’s difficult to hear from God. Now I know some of you “know it all's” are going to say, “We all have sin” and this is true, but willfully sinning and falling short are two different things and I think we all know that. HOWEVER, He forgives that which is dealt with; through confession and accountability, thereby is NO STATIC.
Psalm 32:5
I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I did not hide. I said, I will confess my transgressions to the Lord [continually unfolding the past till all is told]--then You [instantly] forgave me the guilt and iniquity of my sin. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
Another way to have static is asking too many people for their opinion or advice. God is trying to lead you in the right direction, but you just have to ask your Auntie and your closest friends for their two cents. Yes, God does say to seek Godly counsel, but he also says in Colossians 3:15 to let the peace from Christ rule as an umpire in your hearts.
Whenever I’m making a decision and I feel confusion, that’s my sign to step back; not confusing this feeling with being uncomfortable, but feeling stressful or unbalance. I allow the peace of God to decide and settle all the questions in my mind. I find wisdom in making choices that I will be happy with today and tomorrow and day after tomorrow.
God is the only one who knows what I need and when I will need it. We must remember we are spiritual being having a natural experience. Allow the Holy Spirit to lead you. Trusting God can be “scare-fully beautiful”; its “scary” to let go after controlling your life for so long, but so “beautiful” to have the most loving being control it. Not you’re friends, family or even your spouse knows what the future has in store for you, but God does. Yes, they all love you, but at the end of the day, it’s about your personal relationship with God, not the worlds.
So I challenge you to start getting the static out of you life and allow a clear frequency to develop between and the Most High. There are 66 stations available you just have to tune in.

Thank you providing strength for my journey!!!!
ReplyDeleteI Love the insight, especially of how our feelings and attitudes create static in our lives; unforgiveness, bitterness, pride, lust, lying, etc... This means that when when we forgive, or when we are happy, humble, spiritual, and truthful, we will be able to hear GOD speak more clearly to us, because it eliminates the static.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, I love that you mention how "Peace" is a navigation bar. If we have peace in making a decision, we can believe its Gods desire, or at the very least, that HE will navigate the decision. If peace isn't present, we know that we should intentionally eliminate the things that cause static, so we can hear clearly.
Thanks again for caring for my SOUL...
Duche Bradley
220 LIFE / Founder
www.220LIFE.org
I seek daily to rid myself of the static which distorts the voice of God, and begins to cause me stray from the path. Sometimes it outside voices that nag and inside voices that taunt. But if I can remember to stay tuned in to what the Spirit has to say, I shall never lose my way.
ReplyDelete