Monday, December 14, 2009

Don’t put your issues off on me!

Perhaps it’s just me, but why do people often put there hang ups off on others. I was sharing with my co - workers about my daughter getting braces in the next few months, and they immediately started talking about the negative experiences they encountered. They started to speak death on my child, not life! They referred to it as “just letting you know” but in fact, they were speaking their own life failures on me and my child. I must admit I did get frustrated, to be honest it pissed me off. So in that moment, I came against that spirit, rebuked it and spoke the truth. "My child will not go through those experiences" and left my office.
But after receiving revelation, I realized that it had nothing to do with me and was reminded that my fight is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers of darkness.

For some reason I wasn’t over it. I was still pissed off. Why? Because I didn’t resolve the issue within my spirit, yes I came against that thought and “checked” the person or persons with the truth, but my spirit needed more. I was being developed.

It’s the spirit in me that’s being challenged. The word says that when you resist the devil he must flee and I believe that spirit did flee from that person, however unfortunately after the fact; I realized that the likely hood of it returning back to that person was high. It all started to make sense. Daily I was coming against spirits around me, but I was still missing it. I was praying wrong, it was never about me, my prayers were a temporary fix, because the spirits always returned and sometimes worse.

That person or persons needed a word. They needed to be delivered, not rebuked. You can’t be delivered from something unless you first, repent from the behavior, turn away from it, and replace it with a healthy behavior. And once that same initial issue comes back (and it will) you’re be able to turn away from it. That’s a true sign of being delivered. The replacing of the old behavior is very crucial, because if you don’t replace it, the same spirit will return seven times worse than before.

Matthew 12: 43-45
But when the unclean spirit has gone out of a man, it roams through dry [arid] places in search of rest, but it does not find any.
44Then it says, I will go back to my house from which I came out. And when it arrives, it finds the place unoccupied, swept, put in order, and decorated.
45Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and make their home there. And the last condition of that man becomes worse than the first. So also shall it be with this wicked generation.

That’s what was happening all around me, I was coming against evil spirits, forcing them to flee because I have that authority to do so. However, because that person wasn’t delivered the spirits returned the next time they were tested. As a Christian I want to see deliverance, it’s not just about me. I learned a valuable lesson; instead of coming against that spirit, I prayed for that person’s spirit to gain wisdom and understanding of the truth. For God to immediately send people of positive influence into their lives so they can be led from thier evil ways and walk towards things that will bring them life. I now start to speak life and blessing on people instead of judging them, because when you judge others; for in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, he the judge, are doing the very same things. Romans 2:1

2 comments:

  1. And when we recognize that people are doing this, it's essential we begin to pray for that person right then. First that they are released from the bondage of doing this, and they really don't even realize. Secondly, that they realize the power of words. Finally, they you be covered and protected from internalizing theses issues, cause I got enough of my own without someone adding to mine!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenbirgh Redmond Jr.December 23, 2009 at 8:42 AM

    I totally agree with this, I'm not about to practice the art of empathetic conversations when I can simply bring you over to my positive flow and you can waddle in my happiness versus your sorrows. Love your work Amanda.

    Lenbirgh

    ReplyDelete