Cheryl and Michael have been married for 5 years and have a ten old son named Devin. For Christmas Devin wants a Four- Wheeler. Devin first came to his mother, “Mom, I wanna four -wheeler for Christmas!” with so much excitement in his voice. Cheryl had a look of concern and said, “Hmmm go tell your Dad about that request.”
“Dad, I wanna Four- Wheeler for Christmas and Mom didn’t say no, all my friends are getting one and you told me that you had one when you were my age….” Michael interrupted Devin, “Son, close down…..and I need to think about this, that’s a lot of responsiblilty.” Devin whined, “Pleasssssse, Dad.” His Dad said again, “Let me think about it.”
For a month, all Devin would talk about was the Four – Wheeler. He even did extra cleaning and asked to help his Mom out in the kitchen. Before He knew it, Christmas was here. He woke up, ran down stairs like a jack rabbit, passed all the other gifts under the tree, open the back door circle around the house, but their was no four- wheeler. He walked back in the house, with tears in his eyes full of disappointment. He didn’t even care to open his gifts under the tree; in silence he went back up to his room.
Soon after his parents came up stairs, “Son, I know you're upset about not getting the four-wheeler, but I just don’t feel in my heart that you're ready for this, I’m not telling you no, just not right now” his Dad said. Devin was so hurt, he didn’t understand. All the whining got to his Mom and Dad. The next day, Devin was surprised to wake up with his Four-Wheeler in the drive way.
The next morning, Devin was so excited, drove the Four- Wheeler right into traffic and thank god for His grace, Devin wasn’t killed. His parents allowed Devin’s pouting changed their good judgment. Michael and Cheryl missed God. Needless to say, they took the Four- Wheeler away from Devin and he got back a year later, but the lesson that was learned could have killed their son. God is always talking, but are you listening? A better question is, do you want to hear what He has to say?
I’ve learned to not allow other people’s unhappiness and whining change what God has already told me. I presume nothing, but instead give thanks for everything. I don’t have to understand why someone says no, and I don’t have try and figured it out. Instead I give thanks for everything else and know that God is in control.
Life isn’t fair, and my circumstances don’t always add up the way I see fit. But as a Christians, I’m not moved by others or my own emotions, I’m guided by the voice of God; the Holy Spirit that dwells in me. If I lead with my emotions that’s subject to change like the wind. Instead my confidence is placed in the Lord, and that will never change.
So I thank you God for daily covering me, and getting me out the mess I sometimes create with my own thinking, and like clock work you always guide me right back to my target; never letting me miss a beat. I know the cost of not being obedient, and not having your favor. Thank you for always, being there even when I wasn’t.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment