Friday, September 25, 2009

Balance

I started this journey about three years ago, of living my life stronger physically, mentally, and spiritually. Making all three a priority in my life, for year’s one out of the three, has always been absent. In 2006 preparing for my first figure completion, Heart of Texas, I discovered my passion, living a healthy life and encouraging others to do the same. At first it was just thought; “Let’s see what my body will look like, if you really pushed it to the limit.” It was suppose to be only a physical challenge, but it turned out to be much greater then that. It changed me physically, but more mentally and spiritually.

Some may be thinking, “Mentally and spiritually, how so? Throughout this reading, please understand that when you’re trying to accomplish everything in life; it can be something as small as cleaning up your house or as large as trying to lose 100 pounds, maybe getting that promotion at your job; distractions and obstacles are always going to be present, the key is knowing how to conquer, those obstacles.

I heard once, that you can’t control the birds from flying over your head, but you can stop them from building a nest on your head. I look at these birds, as the distractions we all encounter in our everyday lives. Have you ever notice a group of birds dancing in the sky? It’s so beautiful; it can draw your full attention; you find yourself getting lost in time as they gracefully move in sequence in the sky to an unknown tone. Distractions do this; they amuse us or cause us to loss focus on what’s truly important. They camouflage themselves as the priority; don’t be fooled.

Throughout life we all have heard so many stories of dreams never coming to pass. Life passions never pursued due to unexplained obstacles out of their control. These stories bring tears to my soul, knowing, this person hit a barrier and just didn’t know or have the tools to get around it, which prevented them from accomplishing their dreams or maybe not becoming all they were sent here to be.

In life, I realize, with success you learn very little, but with each failure, you learn a lot more. This is where the warriors are made, in the battle.

I used to be afraid to discuss my past war wounds. Now I wear them as a crown. If I had a jewel for every battle I won, the Queen of England would envy me. I’m sure hundreds maybe even thousands of people can say that they have been lied on, beaten, betrayed, or felt alone, maybe let down, and unloved. How many can say that they have conquered all of this and stand here today, not bitter, with no scars, forgiving everyone who every came against them, with open arms ready to love again; I can.

Oh no, it wasn’t easy; in fact, I still work on it daily. But you see; I’m a solider in this war in deed. But I’ve learned to become the Lieutenant General in my army and only God is my Major. What I mean is that, I control my feelings and only I can control who comes in my life. If for some reason, an uncontrolled event takes place that I have no control over. It’s okay; I can still control my reactions. Understand, you can’t control everyone or everything, but you can choose whatever action you take during that crisis in your life. You can’t always foresee the outcome or the circumstances of your actions, so choose them wisely.

I couldn’t control who my father married after my mother’s passing. I was only six when he remarried. I couldn’t even control my feelings or reactions to any events in my life at that young of an age. Unfortunately, at the age of six is where my war begins; this fight was physical, mental, and thank God spiritual.

In order for me to go any further it’s imperative that you understand what spiritual battle is. You have to know that the spiritual world is more real then you reading these pages before you, I look forward to explaining it in detail very soon, but until then please keep the birds out of your head and your eyes in the Word, so you can recognize his voice.

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to this journey with you. I believe our test becomes our testimony and that testimony may save the next person. Your words inspire and your story is heartfelt. I look to go deeper with all three quandrants of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inpration this blog as been for me! I can not stop thinking about it and what it means to me. Often in life our souls cross the path of a mature women who has lived life maybe 10-20 years ahead of our time; but it's really rear to be inspired by another woman in the same age group...a person who's struggles are more presently relatable. Thank you Amanda for breaking those standards..please continue to bring what God lays on your heart to the www!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been an encouraging force in my workouts. I can appreciate your reference to accomplishing "everything" versus just a few things. Balance truely makes a wholistic difference.

    I like your points regarding distractions and dreams. There's a line that Boz Scaggs uses "Even dreaming has a way of scheaming just to get you down"

    Loving with war wounds take a true inner beauty and understanding. It's easy when you're accountable for your actions. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete