When spring comes around you can’t miss the state flower of Texas, the Blue Bonnet, there everywhere, the side of the road, in your yard, they can even pop up in your personal garden. I’m not originally from Texas, so I asked a dumb question, “Are these Blue bonnets weeds?” The answer is yes, they are weeds, but because they look so pretty and bloom during a certain season, a lot people don’t look at them as “weeds”. Isn’t that odd? They choose a weed as a state “flower”. I did some research on gardening, I don’t have a “green tomb” in the natural, but I do now, in the spiritually realm.
I learned that weeds are so tough and fast – growing, they can easily, out- grow desirable plants, if you don’t take control. There is nothing good about weeds, their purpose is to come in and take over your healthy plants in the garden.
Weeds are buried several inches deep, there isn’t enough light for germination, but as soon as you dig up the soil, their seeds come to the surface and sprout. Because grass and perennial weeds can re- grow from small pieces of root to stem left in the ground, as well as seeds. It’s best to remove sod and then turn the soil over with a digging fork, breaking up the colds of soil and removing all the roots you find.
I’m going to be totally transparent right now, for years I had people walking in my garden planting weeds and I had no idea. Every time I started to grow spiritually a blue bonnet would come to the surface and sprout. Just as in the natural, it looked so attractive; I couldn’t see it for what it really was a weed in disguise. Looking back, at all of my relationships in the past, I had a lot of blue bonnets in my garden.
The relationships would be great, so I thought, until I decided to put God first in my life and live by His word, not my flesh. I had to make a decision, follow my flesh (keep my man) or God. This decision wasn’t easy at the time, or even now, (ask someone who’s trying to stop smoking...) more than once I was in love with someone and had to make this decision to leave or to stay. Emotionally, it was to hard handle and I would choose my flesh every time.
The weeds took over my life and I didn’t understand why I was going through so much pain, emotionally, mentally, and even financially. I would get so caught up in my relationship and living in the world, I forgot God. It didn’t matter that I was going to church every Sunday, or prayed when I needed something from God. (Come on; don’t get righteous on me, you know what I’m saying) I wasn’t happy and honestly blind from the truth. I know the truth now, because God wasn’t running my life back then, I was.(So I thought) I did, what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it, and had enough nerve to ask God to help me get out of the mess, I created. (Thank you for your mercy and grace)
I wasn’t living my life for God. I only dealt with Him when it was convenient for me. I never fully turned away from my sins, I camouflaged it well, but God knows the truth. When I would get tired of sin, I tried to plant a healthy seed in the same soil that wasn’t turned over and the weeds were taking over my garden immediately.
The relationships wouldn’t last long, after a few months; I would ask God for forgiveness, 6 to 8 months later, the cycle would happen again. Why couldn’t I recognize it? Why was it so hard to choose God over my flesh? I loved God, but apparently my actions showed different. What was I doing wrong?
I got it, it was because I wasn’t killing the weeds at the roots, just like controlling weeds in the natural, never just only cut the top of the weedy or grassy area off, because the weeds can grow back and multiply.
I’ve learned. I have to plow my garden daily, to maintain healthy soil; otherwise good seed can’t mature and grow. Where do you get good seeds, I’m glad you asked; from the word of God, reading it, listening to it, watching it, being around positive people with something good to say. This is the same way weeds enter into your garden. Pay attention to your surrounding and people you entertain, they are walking in your garden planting seeds, whether you realize it or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment