Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Let It Go!!

“I was doing my own thang, just walking down the hall, and out of the blue, hear comes loud mouth Tommy. He just had to put me on blast about not having any lotion on my legs. I know I ain’t got no lotion on my legs, I was rushin’ this morning, shoot! I have some at my desk; in fact, I was on my way to do it before he said something. Besides, look at him with his big nose having self, always got something to say……”

We all have been guilty of being offended and acting this way. Come on, be honest. Let’s talk about what really happened in this example, your feelings got hurt. So, you got offended and justified why you went off, about what Tommy said to you, because he embarrassed you!

Question, does it really matter? Is what they did or said really valid? Maybe, it's just my opinion? Lets hear what the Word has to say about it, the truth.

Philippians 1:10
So that you may surely learn to sense what is vital, and approve and prize what is excellent and of real value [recognizing the highest and the best, and distinguishing the moral differences], and that you may be untainted and pure and unerring and blameless [so that with hearts sincere and certain and unsullied, you may approach] the day of Christ [not stumbling nor causing others to stumble].

What are “Haters”? Haters are people who hate on your success; because they don’t believe they can have success themselves. So when they talk about you, and “offend” you, hurt your feeling, discourage you, tell you that you will never become a millionaire, or your always going to be trouble just like _____.

You have the right to NOT get offended. And use that “offence” as fuel for your destiny. The enemy uses offences to plant negative thoughts your in mind, to get you off focus of reaching your dream. It doesn’t matter! Shake it off! Don’t entertain it! Keep it movin’!

Offences stop your love walk. Remember God is love. There is power in LOVE. So if the enemy can detract you with offences, it also causes temptations to come into your mind that are not of God, which causes a multitude of negative reactions, unforgiveness, bitterness, anxiety, stress, and list goes on and on.


Matthew 18:7
“What sorrow awaits the world, because it tempts people to sin. Temptations are inevitable, but what sorrow awaits the person who does the tempting
.

Don’t allow the birds to detract you from the vision. Don’t allow it from stopping you from forgiving. The level of your FAITH is the level of your Forgiveness. If you’re choosing to hold on to pain, that someone has caused you. You’re choosing to say, I don’t believe God can fill this void of pain. Or I don’t believe this person deserves to be forgiven.
Sweetie, “News Alert” that other person doesn’t care! If they cared about you they would have came and fixed it a long time about! Or maybe, they don't even realize they hurt you. Please hear me when I say this, it’s not about the other person, it’s about YOU and YOUR relationship with God. The Word says that he forgives you, as you forgive others. Let it go…stay grounded in the Word, so that when offence comes your way, and it will. You can keep your love walk, which is the power of God, the power of LOVE.

Mark 11:25(AMP)
And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and let it drop (leave it, let it go), in order that your Father Who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop.

3 comments:

  1. This is a testament of the power we give others over our lives. Usually I find that most people that hurt us, belittle us, or offend us may not actually know it. As for the remainder of the people they don't even care. So it would behoove us to live our lives out loud!!! That's why I can walk like I'm rich and may not have a dime in the bank, because I live on purpose and in purpose. Knowing that this life I live was designed strategically with me in mind. SO if others have hang ups, they don't have to become mine. If someone else has issue with me, I don't have to take them on. Now on the issue of forgiveness,Christ admonishes us to forgive, but he never told us to get amnesia. Sometimes the memory of an action or an offence, keeps us from returning to that old bondage. It's my desire to never be any man's foe, but I refuse to be any man's victim. I was taught this song at an early age written by Thomas Dorsey, but they have become a reality as I've grown in Spirit and in age:
    "It's my desire to do some good thing everyday.It's my desire to help the fallen by the way. It's my desire to right some lost sheep gone astray. It's my desire to be like the Lord.
    Because of Calvary,
    Jeff N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's my desire to do some good thing everyday.It's my desire to help the fallen by the way. It's my desire to right some lost sheep gone astray. It's my desire to be like the Lord." I love it....thanks for love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love This Amanda, Powerful Word...You Know Your Maturing In Christ, When What Once Used To Trip You Up Doesn't Have The Same Effect Anymore.By Spending Time With God, You Know Who You Are, And Whose You Are.~Blessings~

    ReplyDelete